The City Kitchen – Win a travel fund Terms & Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions
Participants of this Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Kerry Group Ltd, Thorpe Lea Manor, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8HY
- This promotion is only open to legal residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland & Wales) aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter and its affiliates or agents and any other person connected with this promotion. Professional vloggers/YouTubers (defined as anyone earning more than £100 per month on YouTube or other platforms) are also excluded from entering.
- No purchase necessary, however internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account is required.
- Only one entry per person over the entire Promotion Period. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The promotion is open from 00.01am on 13th March 2018 to 11.59pm on 1st May 2018. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
How to enter:
- Log into your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account (or create one for free). Then comment under the promotional post on The City Kitchen Facebook page and upload a short travel vlog, OR post it on to your Twitter or Instagram account, ensuring your post is publicly viewable. Entries through Twitter or Instagram must tag/mention The City Kitchen through @lovecitykitchen on Twitter or @ilovecitykitchen on Instagram, on your tweet/caption, and use the hashtags #inspiredbytravel and #beatravelvlogger. The vlog must be between one and three minutes long and include the theme of travel and food.
Entrants must ensure that they enter from a public account and the travel vlog remains visible until Winner Notification. When entering through Twitter, entrants must also follow The City Kitchen Twitter account.
Use of social media:
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries if they:
- a. contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery;
- b. include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission; contain immoral or obscene behaviour;
- c. condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour; cause offence on the ground of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age;
- d. refer to any brand other than the Promoter; or represent a danger, health and safety fear or distress;
- e. contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- f. include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- g. defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners); or
- h. promotes any political agenda
- Judges will be looking for an engaging vlog, confidence on camera, innovation in the subject/location choice, a demonstrable passion for travel, a passion for vlogging, an interest in food and different international cuisines as well as basic editing skills.
- One winner will win £8,000 cash, a vlogging bundle, and tips and guidance from vlogger Jason Billam to support in the recording of 5 vlogs on behalf of The City Kitchen from destinations around the world. The prize consists of:
- a. 1 x £8,000 cash prize which must be used in accordance with the terms in point (11) below.
- b. 1 x travel vlogging kit, including 1 x laptop with video editing software, 1 x camera, 1 x backpack and 1 x external hard-drive.
- c. 1 x virtual hour with vlogger Jason Billam offering mentorship and guidance on how to travel vlog.
- Prize terms: The £8,000 cash prize must be used as follows:
- a. To set up or use their own YouTube channel to share the content from their travels.
- b. To take full responsibility for all travel plans including booking accommodation, travel, food & drink. The winner must make plans which include travel to at least two of the following destinations over a minimum of six weeks:
- a. Brazil
- b. China
- c. Thailand
- d. India
- e. Japan
- f. Korea
- g. Malaysia
- h. Spain
- c. To record and produce on behalf of The City Kitchen at least five exclusive vlogs of at least three minutes in length. This content must be shared with The City Kitchen team in advance and shared on The City Kitchen channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and brand website) in the first instance as exclusive content for The City Kitchen. At least three of these vlogs to relate to ingredients or dishes which inspired The City Kitchen meals, with at least two of these vlogs from different countries as listed above. The winner is required to make any minor amends to the exclusive content as requested by The City Kitchen team, up to a maximum of three sets of changes. The winner must ensure the exclusive content does not contravene YouTube guidelines or could be considered inappropriate for a general family audience.
- The Prize will be delivered in three payment schedules. £2,000 will be paid to the winner when a contract is signed between the winner and the Promoter, and once all terms are agreed. £3,000 and the vlogging bundle will be provided once dates for travel have been agreed and evidence of booking is provided to the Promoter. The remaining £3,000 will be paid to the winner upon arrival in the first destination country.
- All travel must be completed by 31st December 2019.
- The winner must own a fully up to date passport and has full responsibility for obtaining any necessary visas / travel documents. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the prize winners and their guests.
- The £8,000 cash prize will be payed to the winner via bank transfer so the winner must own a bank account.
- As the winner will work closely with the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner that, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, has a background which could reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner.
- The winner must agree to act respectively and responsibly during their travels and abide by local laws at all times.
- Optional extras not included. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel, drinks or any other costs of a personal nature not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- Travel insurance is not included in the prize but is strongly recommended and is the responsibility of the winner.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize and it is non-transferrable;
- The prize winner is responsible for and must comply with any health advice / regulations / inoculations required by any destination country.
- As the winner is responsible for booking any accommodation / transport / and other expenses the Promoter will accept no responsibility for either booking or managing any of these arrangements.
Winner Selection and Notification
- Each entry will be viewed by judges and an independent judging panel will shortlist the entries based on the judging criteria in point 8. The Promoter will select the winner from the shortlisted entries.
- The winner will be contacted by direct message, on the platform through which the winning entry was made by The City Kitchen within 1 month of the competition closing date. The winner will have 28 days to respond to the initial notification. Should the winner not respond to the initial notification, within 28 days of first contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner. The Promoter also reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner.
- The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
- Winners must supply a valid and suitable email address, postal address, telephone number and bank details for delivery of prize.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- The full name and county of the winner can be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to Pier Marketing, Unit 10, Summit Business Park, Langer Rd, Felixstowe IP11 2JB, which will be available after winner acceptance for 4 weeks.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. This can also be applied if there is a breach of any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to The City Kitchen social media (Facebook, Twitter etc) pages or elsewhere during the draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants or the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the draw. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter, and that Facebook or Twitter has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.