The City Kitchen – Slurp Your Ramen Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Kerry Group Ltd, Thorpe Lea Manor, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8HY
1. This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter and its affiliates or agents, their immediate families and any other person connected with this promotion.
2. Internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account is required.
3. One entry per person will be allowed. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
4. The promotion is open from 00.01am 31/05/2018 to 11.59pm 24/07/2018. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
How to enter:
5. During the promotional period, log into a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account (or create one for free). Upload a video of you demonstrating slurping ramen using #slurpyourramen in the caption to either The City Kitchen’s Facebook page, OR by posting on your Twitter account tagging @lovecitykitchen OR by posting on your Instagram account tagging @ilovecitykitchen.
6. The video must feature you slurping ramen.
7. The video must remain online and publicly viewable up until 28 calendar days after the competition closing date.
8. 1x winner will receive gift vouchers to equal £600 value for Secret Escapes.
9. Gift voucher details can be found at https://www.secretescapes.com/vouchers-offer.
10. The recipient will require a Secret Escapes account to redeem the gift voucher. When redeemed, the gift voucher is converted into credit in the recipient’s Secret Escapes account, which is equivalent to the value of the gift voucher. Gift vouchers (and gift voucher credit) are valid for one year from the date of issue. Gift vouchers can only be redeemed with Secret Escapes and cannot be used to make a booking with any affiliated company or partner (including hotels). Gift vouchers cannot be resold or redeemed for cash.
11. There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prize.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
Winner Selection and Notification
13. The winning entry will be selected by blogger, Amelia Goodhead and will be judged using the judging criteria in point 18.
14. The winner will be contacted by a The City Kitchen representative within 28 calendar days of the competition closing date to be notified that they have won. Please ensure privacy settings allow for the promoter to be able to contact you through your chosen social media channel.
15. Winners must provide valid personal details including their name and a delivery address for the prize.
16. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
17. Should the winner not respond to attempts to contact them from the Promoter via their email address within 28 calendar days of first contact, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a runner-up as selected by Amelia Goodhead.
18. Entrants will be assessed against the following criteria:
• Can be heard to be audibly slurping ramen
• Can be seen to be enjoying eating ramen
• Can be seen to be enjoying slurping OR reacting to the process of slurping
• Is consuming ramen and not any other type of noodles
• Mention included of The City Kitchen
19. The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries if they:
a. Contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery;
b. Include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission; contain immoral or obscene behaviour;
c. Condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour; cause offence on the ground of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age;
d. Refer to any brand other than the Promoter; or represent a danger, health and safety fear or distress;
e. Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
f. Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names etc);
g. Defames, misrepresents or insult other people or companies, including but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners), or;
h. Promotes any political agenda.
i. Feature children under 16 in an entry (made by a GB resident, 18+) without their parents’ permission.
20. The Promoter will not be liable for entries or claims not received, incomplete, illegible, delayed or damaged. No responsibility is accepted for entries or claims lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry, generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure.
21. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winner.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 28 days). The Promoter will also refuse to award a prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. This can also be applied if there is a breach of any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
23. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
24. The winner’s full name and county can be found at http://www.winners-list.co.uk/ within 3 months of the closing date.
25. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to The City Kitchen social media (Facebook, Twitter etc) pages or elsewhere during the draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants or the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the draw. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
26. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.