Summary terms – #Instafood Instagram competition
GB, 18+. To enter, upload a mouth-watering shot of your favourite City Kitchen meal to Instagram with the hashtag #instafood and tagging our handle @ilovecitykitchen in the caption to be entered into our competition. The winner will be chosen by Instagrammer @eastlondonmornings and will receive a digital camera and photography accessories worth £1,000. The competition runs from 00.01am 01/08/2018 – 11.59pm 25/09/2018. See http://ilovecitykitchen.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/ for full terms and conditions.
Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Kerry Group Ltd, Thorpe Lea Manor, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8HY
1. This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter and its affiliates or agents, the immediate families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Instagram account is required.
3. Each person may enter the competition more than once, but in order to do so must enter with a different photograph of a different meal from the current The City Kitchen range.
4. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
5. Professional photographers or anyone who earns money by taking photographs, such as social media users who receive advertising revenue from photographs they have taken, are excluded from entering this competition. This will be assessed by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
6. Competition will be open from 00.01am on the 1st August 2018 to 11.59pm on 25th September 2018.
How to enter:
7. To enter, upload a photograph of your favourite City Kitchen meal to Instagram with the hashtag #instafood, tagging our handle @ilovecitykitchen in the caption. You must have an Instagram account to enter, which can be opened for free by visiting www.instagram.com or downloading the app.
8. 1 x digital camera and photography accessories bundle worth £1,000 consisting of:
a. 1 x SONY a6000 Mirrorless Camera
b. 1 x 16-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 lens suitable for SONY a6000 camera
c. 1 x 50 mm f/1.8 lens suitable for SONY a6000 camera
d. 1 x SanDisk 64GB memory card suitable for SONY a6000 camera
e. 4 x vinyl backdrops
f. 1 x GorillaPod tripod suitable for compact system cameras
g. 1 x portable photo studio
h. 1 x book on food photography.
9. Total prize value of £1,000 is based on buying the above products from the following retailers – prices correct as of 10th July 2018.
a. Curry’s PC World
b. Curry’s PC World
d. Curry’s PC World
e. Capture by Lucy
Winner Selection and Notification
10. All valid entries received during the promotional period will be judged by The City Kitchen team who will provide a shortlist to Instagrammer @eastlondonmornings for final judging. The winner will be notified by direct message within 28 calendar days of the closing date, and then announced on The City Kitchen social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
11. Photographs will be judged on the following criteria alone:
a. Adhering to the Terms & Conditions outlined here
b. Showing a The City Kitchen meal looking mouth-watering and appetising
c. Innovation in use of accessories to bring the meal to life
d. Quality of photograph such as clarity, colour and framing
12. Should the winner not claim their prize within 28 calendar days of receiving notice that they have won a prize, The City Kitchen reserves the right to re-award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original.
13. The winner will be asked to send The City Kitchen a picture of themselves with their prize to be used on social media platforms.
14. The winner must supply a valid and suitable address for delivery of the prize. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 calendar days of their address being confirmed and the winner must be at home to receive delivery.
15. By participating in the promotion, the entrants licence and grants the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
16. The Promoter will not be liable for entries or claims not received, incomplete, illegible or delayed. No responsibility is accepted for entries or claims lost or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry, generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure.
17. There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes and, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 calendar days). The Promoter will also refuse to award a prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. This can also be applied if there is a breach of any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
20. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
21. The winner’s full name and country can be found at http://www.winners-list.co.uk/ within 3 months of the closing date.
22. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for fulfilment of this promotion, unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release for Instagram.
25. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Instagram. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to this website.
26. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to The City Kitchen social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) pages or elsewhere during the competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants or the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Instagram to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
27. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
28. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts, unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction